What is this site?
The Portland Financial Advisors Network is a group of independent, fee-only financial planners located in Portland, Oregon. This site is a resource for individuals looking for a financial advisor in and around the Portland area.
We know finding the right advisor can be intimidating – and we believe it’s important to connect clients with an advisor who’s an ideal fit for their goals and needs. Our goal is to educate you on the differences between advisors and make finding the right one for you easier.
WeWe are all independent advisors, each with our own practice. However, we are all united by our shared commitment to helping individuals find the right advisor for their needs.
Who are the advisors?
All the advisors on this site share the following characteristics:
- Registered with the State of Oregon as a Registered Investment Advisors.
- We are all fiduciaries, acting in the best interest of our clients at all times.
- Operate our business using a fee-only model of compensation.
- Provide comprehensive financial planning to our clients, not just investment advice.
- We all work and live in the greater Portland metro area.
- Own or work at an independent financial planning firm.
- We are all NAPFA members, the National Association of Personal Financial Planners.
- Maintain our status as CFP® professionals.
- We are all highly respected by our peers. This site is “by invitation only” and not a paid directory service.
NAPFA’s Find An Advisor
You’ll find all the PDXFAN advisors on NAPFA’s site too, but in case you want a longer list or don’t find what you are looking for here; the Find An Advisor tool is another resource.
NAPFA’s Field Guide
Another offering from NAPFA, the Pursuit of a Financial Advisor Field Guide provides a good overview of the basics you’ll want to know as you begin your search for a great advisor.